Let’s Employ Serbia
The Project Let’s Employ Serbia is being implemented by Office for Cooperation with Diaspora and Serbs in the Region. The objective of this project is to restore confidence of Diaspora in their home country, to improve the communication in line with modern trends, and to create good environment to attract investors from Diaspora and employment in the home land.
Office for Cooperation with Diaspora and Serbs in the Region launched separate website with pages intended for potential investors from Diaspora. The contributions to this website by local self governments are crucial. This webite should unify the collaboration and the effectivness of the government agencies which with the support of Diaspora and Serbs in the Region could contribute to the employment in home land and to the improvement of the economic cooperation between Diaspora and Serbs in the Region with their home land, especially with local self-governments.
More about project: ekonomija.dijaspora.gov.rs/zaposlimo-srbiju
Participation of Nis City Office for Cooperation with Diaspora in Project Let’s Employ Serbia
The Project Let’s Employ Serbia envisages the appointment of a contact person (liason officer) in local self governments with the task of providing information about investment potentials and project proposals.
The liason officer will:
- obtain the information from the relevant local institutions in order to promote the investment potentials and priority project proposals of local governments;
- update data on the page dedicated to economic issues at the official website of the Office for Cooperation with Diaspora and Serbs in the Region as well as on the website of Nis City Office for Cooperation with Diaspora;
- inform the relevant local institutions of inquiries from potential investors, partners and associates from the Diaspora and Serbs in the region and to participate in the provision of adequate assistance within his/her jurisdiction;
- prepare and update the database on successful businessmen in the Diaspora and on their projects in his/her city or municipality as well as on challenges with which they are faced.
The database should contain information about project proposals from the following sectors: agriculture, mining, crafts manifaturing, industry, construction, environment protection, traffic, export, project in the form of local initiative or projects (co)financed by some fund.
Project proposals give insight to the website visitors about what is being done at the local level , about city future plans and provide an opportunity to search for and include partners, or co-financiers in projects through active promotion done by the Office for Cooperation with Diaspora.
Here you can find the project proposal database and please contact the Office for Cooperation with Diaspora for any additional information.
Building Capacities and Activities of Office for Cooperation with Diaspora with Focus on Nis Economic Development
Building Capacities and Activities of Office for Cooperation with Diaspora with Focus on Nis Economic Development is the project that is being implemented in partnership with Association of Economists and the City of Nis. The leading partner in the project realization is Nis City Office for Cooperation with Diaspora supported financially by Republic of Serbia Office for Cooperation with Diaspora and Serbs in Region.
The overall project objective: systematized establishing of contacts and possible cooperation with the Diaspora, especially in the field of economic cooperation.
The specific project objective: systematized establishing of links with the Diaspora and the dissemination of information regarding investment opportunities in Nis and opportunities for establishing cooperation with Diaspora in general and promoting opportunities for returnees, together with promotion activities of the Office of Diaspora of the City of Niš.
- building capacities of the Nis City Office for Cooperation with Diaspora;
- systematization of data on alumni from Nis who are in Diaspora and data on the exporter from Nis and region;
- preparation of Ni investment potentials reviews;
- dissemination of the information about investment potetntials and exportes from Nis via alumni database;
- promotion of the activities of the Office for Cooperation with Diaspora and the project results.
You can find the information about the programmes in which the City of Nis has participated or which are ongoing at the Nis City official website.
*data are subject to change
**for all additional information, please conctact the Office for Cooperation with Diaspora