There are two forms of pension and disability insurance:
1. compulsory pension and disability insurance
2. voluntary pension and disability insurance
Compulsory pension and disability insurance includes three categories of insured persons: employed persons, self-employed and farmers (detailed information).
The following documents are required when applying:
- a completed application form (obtained in the branch office or on www.pio.rs);
- a certified copy of an ID card;
- a certified copy of employment record;
- an incomplete M form (for insurance application);
- a certificate on self-employment (if an applicant was the insurant of self-employment);
- a confirmation of the period of official record of attendance (if an applicant was registered with the National Employment Service).
Detailed information on the right to old age pension.
Detailed information on the right to disability pension.
Detailed information on the right to family pension (after the death of a pension holder).
Detailed information on acquisition and realization of the right to pension and disability insurance by professional army servicemen.
To apply for the determination of pensionable service abroad, the following should be submitted:
- an application form;
- a birth certificate;
- written proof of years of employment abroad;
- a copy of an ID card;
- a copy of employment record;
- proof of military service.
To apply for the approval of pension payment abroad, the following should be submitted:
- an application form;
- a copy of the decision on retirement;
- proof of citizenship;
- proof of permanent residence abroad.
Application forms and documents should be submitted in the branch of the place of residence, by mail to the address of the Directorate (Dr. Aleksandar Kostic 9, 11000 Belgrade) or to the address of the Provincial Fund (Zitni Trg 3, 21000 Novi Sad).
Voluntary pension and disability insurance – By the Law on Voluntary Pension Funds and Pension Schemes („Official Gazette of RS“, no. 85/05), in force since April 2006, citizens who are interested and have financial funds, may ensure pension by making voluntary payments in private pension funds. Applying this law does not affect compulsory pension and disability insurance.